Sunday, July 6, 2014

Independence Day


Instead of our usual Fourth of July spot down by the school, this year we went up to Fort Holmes - the highest point on the Island. We were not disappointed. We got to see our fireworks as well as Mackinaw City's, Cheboygan's and even some from the DeTour-Cedarville-Hessel area off in the distance. The best part was, after the fireworks were over, the walk home was downhill!

This picture is a composite of three separate bursts that I photoshopped together... 

2 comments:

Susie Q said...

I don't think I have ever heard of a person seeing three different fireworks displays from the same spot. Spot on!

Melody said...

What a beautiful photo! We went up to Ft. Holmes one year for fireworks. I have to admit, I was a complete chicken walking back down in the pitched black! Haha! I am terrified of the dark...and it was DARK coming back! Thankfully hubby had brought along a tiny lantern and led the way for us. There was about 10 young girls that linked arms and held on to us the whole way back. I think they were as scared as I was, LOL! We were on the Island for the week (June 30-July 6). One of these days we'll have to get together and meet face to face! :)