Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mackinac Moment


As my daughter got up off the couch to head up to bed tonight, she happened to look out into our backyard. "Why does everything  look so red?" she asked; the entire backyard had an ethereal reddish glow. One look up into the sky and she had her answer. 

I can only imagine how amazing tonight's sunset was for those on Mackinac with a westerly view. I may not be able to see the water from my house, but my little patch of sky makes me smile. Now, all I need are some northern lights!


3 comments:

Allie said...

Oh how I love a red sunset - although my boys call that a Mordor sky, lol!!! Stunning.

Diane said...

It makes me think of the saying about red sky at night is a sailor's delight. I can see why - it's just gorgeous!
Happy Friday

kate said...

The Northern Lights were the one thing we were hoping to see on our trip that we didn't.

I love August skies, all red - and like a painting over the ocean.