One of our "songs of the summer" this year is Call Me Maybe. You know what I mean, don't you. Those songs that the kids ask to play again and again and again. I know lots of people find it really annoying, but my kids love it, and it's grown on me... a lot. My husband isn't what you'd call a fan, so he's been having lots of fun finding spoofs for the kids to enjoy. These two take the cake. I can't even begin to imagine how much time the Star Wars one took.
If I had to choose a favorite, my vote would go to Cookie Monster. How about you?
Other songs the kids have added to our summer play list:
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
- Dynamite (Taio Cruz)
- Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO)
- Do-Re-Mi (Sound of Music)
- Dancing Queen (ABBA)
- Re: Your Brains (Johnathan Coulton)
- King of Spain - (Moxy Fruvous)
- Hakuna Matata (Lion King)
- Hola Lola (Dear Edwina)
- Pollywog in a Bog (Barenaked Ladies)
- Abcosaurs (Most Amazing Dinosaur Songs)
- Defying Gravity (Wicked)
- Anything & everything sung by a Muppet