Saturday, December 17, 2011

An Island Treat


I know there are a few of you out there who pop in here from time to time just to see what is going on Mackinac Island. Well, today you will not be disappointed! Wednesday night was the Mackinac Island Public School's annual Christmas Program, and I thought you might enjoy it. It certainly isn't going to win any awards and the sound quality isn't the best, but our island kids are pretty darn cute.

The program included pre-school through high school students (although only the elementary grades are included in the 32 minute portion above.) At the end, for the sign language song, you can see all of our kindergarten through 7th graders, and, if you look very carefully at the left hand side of the screen, my disembodied hands leading the song...

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Liz, I visit your blog often don't believe I've ever commented. But....this video was to good to pass up a comment. It was delightful to watch and listen to. Hearing the kids sing of Christmas is the way it should be. Thanks for sharing.

Liz said...

Charlotte,

I always love our little Christmas program! I'm glad you enjoyed it, too.

Manoute said...

Thanks for sharing.
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Heidi said...

Merry Christmas Liz! Thanks for sharing the video, I am glad to see that a public school can still dress their kids as angels and sing Christmas carols. Unfortunately our school doesn't do that, and has to take all reference to religion out of our holiday celebrations.

Liz said...

We've always has a fairly traditional program. It suits our little community...

Diane said...

Just got back on my computer and saw this wonderful treat - they all did just super!! Christmas is past and I hope yours was very nice. I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year from snowy (finally!) Indiana :-)