- Link back to the person who tagged you
- Mention the rules on your blog
- Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
- Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
- Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I like things to by symmetrical, lined up, etc. I sometimes have to purposely make things really off kilter, because if they are close but not perfect, it will bug me. Like my bulletin boards at school. My writing is usually purposely not centered and not parallel to the top of the board. Remember my welcome back bulletin board? Torn paper is a great way to make things look completely imperfect yet nice. And have you noticed how I like things justified to both the left and right?
2. Buying pants is hard for me because I have huge calves and a big waist. In fact, often my pants are too big on me everywhere else. It is all that walking and biking since cars are illegal here, (oh yeah and having children.) All that exercise is good for the heart but frustrating when you just want a pair of pants to fit well. My friends tease me and say that they want to put me on TLC’s What Not to Wear. I say that’s fine, but Stacy and Clinton have to work in my rules too:
I have to be able to ride a bike, ride a snowmobile, or walk a mile in every outfit. I have arch supports that have to fit inside the shoes. I can not go without them. Nothing can be “dry clean only” since there is no dry cleaner on the island.
I wonder if Stacy and Clinton are up for the challenge...
3. I notice people’s teeth. Not whether or not they are straight, but whether or not they are clean and well maintained. You can tell a lot about a person by how they take care of their teeth…
4. I’m deathly afraid of being stung by a bee, wasp, or whatever. Pretty funny considering that my husband has thousands of bees in the back yard.
5. Commitment is hard for me. Not commitment to people, but to decorating. What if I change my mind – or get new furniture? Why paint now when I’ll just have to redo it later. We’ve been in our house almost four years and I just painted my first room a color (other than off white) this summer. My living room still doesn’t have window treatments since all my furniture is hand-me-downs (thanks Mom) and I don’t want to match curtains to it since it will be replaced. I know – it’s kind of pathetic. I’m working on it…
6. I read really fast. I read each of the last three Harry Potter books in one evening (one evening per book.) I think I often average about 100 pages an hour when I am really into something. Drives my students crazy…